Rigging information

NTLESQ

Jul 10, 2023
Bristol Bristol Corinthian Sakonnet (Little Compton, RI)
I'm looking for information on how to properly rig my newly acquired Bristol Corinthian. I believe I have all the necessary parts and lines. I'm aware that there was apparently never an owners manual. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @NTLESQ to the SBO forum. Can you provide a bit more clarity?

With your experience, “fairly experienced. I owned a Herreshoff fish class sloop for 35 years and sailed Narragansett Bay, Buzzards Bay and Vineyard Sound” perhaps you might give us a bit more information regarding the issues of the Corinthian rigging that is confusing. It was designed as a traditional Bermuda rig.

NTLESQ

Jul 10, 2023
Thanks for your response. I've never seen the boat with the mast and sails on her. I've just had her rehabbed and I'm looking for pictures/drawings showing how to step the mast, run the main sheet, connect the jib to the roller furler, etc. It may all become obvious once I get started but the more information I can acquire the better.

NTLESQ

Jul 10, 2023
Dear John, Thanks very much! The images are very helpful. The arrangement for the main sheet is very interesting in that it appears to run through eyes and cam cleats on both port and starboard sides. It's not clear to me why this is useful/necessary since there is a block that moves across the traveler. Any thoughts?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
1689099995195.png

In this design (OEM), the bar is the traveler. The blocks on either side run up to the boom and to the bllock on the traveler. This gives you the ability to control mainsail and trim the mainsail.

It is a design from the 60's. When the boat was introduced.

There are newer designs. Without any images of your boat, I have no idea if the previous owner modified the boat you purchased from the original design.