rigging a amf minifish

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2012
amf alcort minifish greenlawn
Someone just gave me a 1974 AMF minifish. I do not know anything about sailing and would like to know how to rig it . I believe that I have alll the parts ( sails,dagger board, rudder, and mast).

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If you google sunfish owner's manual... you'll find a pdf download on exactly how to set up the lateen rig boat. Use it as your guide to become familiar with parts and how they should look on the boat.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Probably the best person who knows most small boats and can get parts is Dave Stanton at American Sail in Charleston, SC who by the way builds the Aqua Finn which is the competition to Sunfish. They can be trusted as I have known them for 30 plus years.

May 13, 2012
amf alcort minifish greenlawn
If you google sunfish owner's manual... you'll find a pdf download on exactly how to set up the lateen rig boat. Use it as your guide to become familiar with parts and how they should look on the boat.
Thamk's I will do that.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
looks same as sunfish rigging procedures.

I found you can reef (lower the top spar) with a ~12" line made into a loop... hard to describe but you run the halyard over the loop, so the boom ends up lower.

-probably in the sunfish tuning guide...

lots of go fast tricks for these simple boats... if you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.