Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2011
Newport 30 MKIII Madeira Beach, FL
Bought a 1988 Newport 30-III earlier this year. Love the boat. It's in great condition and sails great too! Does anyone know if any of the sailing periodicals, Sail, Cruising World, Practical Sailor etc. ever did a review of the 30? I have found individual people's reviews but nothing from the magazines. Thank you.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
I have a survey here that was done by the Independent Yacht Survey Company (long defunct, I think). It actually is on the Newport 30 MK II. These vessels used to be sold out of my facility and so I might even have an old brochure on them, but haven't looked through my files yet.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
A nice boat. We had one in our yard for years. But I'm not sure of the various versions MKI vs. MKII etc. I came pretty close to buying it. I finally decided on a Ranger 29 instead. It was also a Gary Mull design. Mull is my guy so, of course I like the boat! Newports are solid GOB material. The only thing I didn't like about the one locally was the engine in the middle of the salon. After changing the fuel pump on the Ranger, I learned the middle salon location could be regarded as a blessing.
If they really wanted to torture terrorist prisoners, they would force them to work on Atomic 4 engines from '70's sailboats. Talk about distressed positions!

Aug 2, 2011
Newport 30 MKIII Madeira Beach, FL
Would like to thank everyone for their replies especially Barnacle Bill for taking the time to email me some information. I like knowing as much about my boat and its history as I can. I've found much of the online information and I will check into the yahoo group, thank you stpabr. I had wondered if any of the trade pubs ever published a review. Maybe not. Good sailing everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.