REVERSE POLARITY

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VERN

WHEN I PLUG INTO SHORE 115 POWER, MY REVERSE POLARITY LIGHT COMES ON.....I KNOW WHAT REVERSE POLARITY IS BUT WHERE IT IS...I DO NOT KNOW. WHERE DO I START LOOKING. OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION ANYONE MAY HAVE WOULD BE HELPFUL. THANKS VERN

D

Dick McKee

Vern...Did it just Start?? If so

the marina did something to the supply. A quick and simple check it to check with a neighbor who doesn't have the reverse polarity problem. Plug into their supply. If the light goes out, its the marina with the problem. If it stays on it's in your boat. If its your boat, start at the stern plug (with the power disconnected) and check that the wires are not reversed. If ok move up to the breaker in the stern locker just behind the plug. Move thru the boat till you find the reversed wire. Hope this helps. One more time on the caution ...BE Sure to Disconnect and turn off all power on the boat before you start messin with the wires.. Dick McKee S/V Constellation

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Borrow another cord too!

Someone in our marina had a polarity alarm go off on their boat. They swap their cord out for a new one and everything was OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.