Retube a dink in South florida???

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I have a little 9' Hypalon dink that is in need of new tubes. Does anybody know a good shop in South Florida that can do a job like that? I spoke to one guy in Miami that quoted me more than the cost of a new boat. I'm hoping to find a more worthwhile option.

Thanks,
Jim

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I think this is one of those times that fixing something broken is more $/work than buying new. Labor is not cheap these days. Can you just fill your old tubes with foam?

Aug 22, 2017
What kind of foam do you recommend? The foamed tubes that I have seen in the past did not come out well.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Makes no sense just start looking for a new one and you will find out way too much $$$ and won’t even be trouble free.
Nick

nfg2u

Feb 13, 2016
Hunter Legend 35.5 Fort Pierce
A sailors place in Stuart has done some work for me. Hourly rates. You can find them on google and give them a call

Jul 26, 2015
Watkins 29 Ft. Lauderdale
I have a little 9' Hypalon dink that is in need of new tubes. Does anybody know a good shop in South Florida that can do a job like that? I spoke to one guy in Miami that quoted me more than the cost of a new boat. I'm hoping to find a more worthwhile option.

Thanks,
Jim
Try 84 Boat Works on State Road 84 in Broward...just east of I-95..

Sep 10, 2012
Hunter 450 Gulfport, Florida
did you try Google? There are several listed one of which is Inflatable Boats of Florida in Naples. I am no authority but I did read recently that retubing is about half the cost of new. Let the group know what you find out as that helps the knowledge base build.

Aug 22, 2017
I stopped in at 84 boat works about a week ago. When I described what I wanted, the guy said flat out that it wasn't worth it for a RHIB that wasn't a Center console. His estimate was in line with the guy in Miami that I spoke to.

I have checked with several shops now. The average quote is about $3,500 for Orca tubes. Orca is the modern material that replaced Hypalon when the original manufacturer of Hypalon stopped making it. Apparently, Orca is pretty much a dead knockoff.

I had one guy tell me that he had a guy that could do tubes for $1,500, but I think he was talking about Vinyl, which I don't want. I think that I am going to try repairing the existing tubes. A few hundred bucks will get me several square feet of Orca, a box of rubber gloves, & a quart of Clifton Adhesive.