Reset Button on Diesel Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2008
Catalina 310 Waretown, NJ
What is the purpose of the red reset button on the port side of the diesel engine? I found it the other day but I don't know what it does.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
How about a more specific location?
Do you have an engine manual?

paulj

Aug 7, 2007
- - Oyster Bay, NY
You maybe looking at the reset circuit breaker for the DC harness. Its there to protect excessive current draw anywhere in the instrument panel wireing or engine wireing. Best to check the manual.

Dec 7, 2008
Catalina 310 Waretown, NJ
Thanks guys, It is the reset circuit breaker for the DC harness and the instrument panel. Also it is on the starboard side of the engine at the rear, right in front of the heat exchanger

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Circuit Breaker in starter circuit

On my 2001 model #118 the reset button on the starboard rear of the engine is in the lift pump and starter circuit. If the breaker trips your engine will probably continue to run because the fuel tank is higher than the engine at most fill levels but you will not be able to restart the engine. If the breaker is tripped you will not hear the fuel pump when you turn on the key switch. I had some problems with the fuel pump 7 years ago or so and finally replaced it. I also had the preheat solenoid go out two years ago and had to bypass it until I could replace it. I carry a space breaker/reset but not the solenoid.

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
Beware, only gravity feed untill ~3/4 of a tank, depending on the hight of the in-line fuel filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.