Rescued 9 times in 7 months ?

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
They're obviously not in any hurry to reach Maine, check out the rescue sites. If their final anchorage before hitting the Atlantic is St. Ives, perhaps Mother Nature will do what she does best and make them pay dearly for the ridiculous negligence. Thanks for sharing LR.
image.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
It seems sailors will do almost anything to set a record...:ass:

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
They were just on GMA and actually just said about the cost of the rescues "If they aren't out rescuing us, they are out practicing so they might as well practice rescuing us.". They don't see to give a rats ass about the people rescuing them. These guys are a menace.

Oct 13, 2013
Wayfarer Mark I GRP Chicago
People like this in any hobby, sport, or activity drive me up a wall with their ignorance and disregard for the larger group of people they affect. It isn't even partially amusing and just embarrassing and aggravating.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
People like this in any hobby, sport, or activity drive me up a wall with their ignorance and disregard for the larger group of people they affect. It isn't even partially amusing and just embarrassing and aggravating.
Very good point. If you're going to do it, why not learn to do it right? Or as right as you can make it, instead of continuing to fumble, bumble, mumble and screw up? Can't blame the boat, like druid said.

Dec 28, 2010
Catalina 380 san pedro
Where to start? These guys don't rate being called yachtsmen. They need someone to explain how they are putting others at risk. Practicing for rescues takes place under carefully controlled circumstances. You can't compare that to an actual rescue. They should be hauled before a magistrate and fined for the cost of each rescue. The last one really frosts my butt. So they didn't think to read the tide tables or find the information? It's obvious that these two morons didn't pay attention and when the tide went out, over went the boat...candle...etc. And they didn't have a fire extinguisher to put the 'little' fire out? The attitude of these two idiots gives all of the rest of us a bad name. (climbing back down off my soapbox now and getting a beer.)

Jan 25, 2007
Cal Cal 33-2 cape cod
At first I was horrified...not a well-thought out plan but then I began to admire their shameless audacity. This episode reminded me of last summer, seeing a heat signature approaching on the horizon, hearing the humming of jet turbines attached to a cigarette boat, the noise, the havoc entering the marina..isn't this what makes America great? Charlie Sheen. Freedom to do as we damn please...? Although I'm not about to put rocket thrusters on the side of my sailboat, or try to sail a bundle of rotted wood across the Atlantic, I remain in awe...of their chutzpah? for the lack of a better term.

Nov 30, 2015
Hopefully you all will be able to see the video sequence that was covered on CBS news tonight. I can't find a link yet...perhaps too soon. Even Scott Pelley shrugged it off with a chuckled grin. These US woodchucks that bought a boat in Norway, intending to sail it home to Maine, are seriously trying to kill themselves as part of a bucket list. Perhaps they have terminal inflictions. Their boat "Nora" certainly looks terminal. Full keel, laying on port side because the tide went out...really! You gotta appreciate their dying wishes. You gotta hate their lack of responsibility.

Nov 30, 2015
Yeah...ditto DA! I can't wait to restore our sailing good graces in the summer by rescuing those poor, ill prepared, unfortunate, unlucky, compromised motorboaters.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Full keel, laying on port side because the tide went out...really!
They were in one harbor, were told to move because the 25'+ tide was gonna go out, they ignored suggestions as to how to tie up, moved to a harbor a few miles away and then tilted over. Info from CF and some links to UK news sources.

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
To miscalculate how to tie alongside, knowing you will be aground is one thing...bit they left the boat unattended with the candle burning. Who leaves open flames going while away?

First class idiots. Yet one of them was a chopper pilot.

Darwin award coming right up.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
First class idiots. Yet one of them was a chopper pilot.
Well there ya go..:
If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage it has to be unsafe.'

I #2 the nomination for the Darwin award

Jul 4, 2015
Hunter 34 Menominee, MI; Sturgeon Bay WI
Absolutely selfish, unbelievable! Next time they go out, with this attitude, they should not expect help if they don't care about the lives and danger which they expose the people rescuing them. Those are the selfless people who actually deserve to live.