Request pedestal information on the Hunter 30 Cherubini

Jul 5, 2014
Hunter 30 Churbini Pultneyville Yacht Club
Can someone tell me who made or what type the Pedestal is on the 1978 Hunter Cherubini? I would like to replace the rails to accommodate wiring for electronics. Also, has anyone had to replace the original Ritchie SNF-44 compass and if so what did you install that fit without modification. Thanks all!

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Yacht Specialties. Edson parts will also fit. Replaced my original compass but will have to look at make when I'm at the boat today. Stay tuned.

Aug 25, 2006
Hunter 30 Somewhere
I replaced the missing compass on my '79 30 with a new Ritchie. I took photos of the pedestal with a tape measure in the frame and sent them to Ritchie (service@ritchienavigation.com ) asking what they recommended. They sent back a couple of recommendations (FN-201, FN-203, SS-2000).

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Good to know - thank you.

dj

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Watch out for the shift and throttle levers if they are on the pedestal. The internal parts may interfere with your compass. Navpod sells larger diameter guard rails to accommodate the wiring. You will need a new plate on the top of the pedestal for the larger rails. I think I used a Lewmar top plate but I am not sure.