Reply with quote flakey in iOS.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I've been having a problem with the "Reply w/ quote" feature when using Safari on my iPhone. I can select text and tap Reply w/ quote once and it works properly. The problem is that if I want to insert a second quote in my reply, when I try to select the second block of text I can't select anything. The iOS cut/copy block appears at the top of the screen as if I had selected something off the top of the page, but I can't get it to select what I'm looking at. Not sure if this is something about the JavaScript on the page or a safari bug, but figured I'd mention it.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Is the second quote coming from the quoted post or is it from a different post that you want to add to your post?

May 17, 2004
Is the second quote coming from the quoted post or is it from a different post that you want to add to your post?
Seems to be the case either way. To be clear, I'm talking about the "reply w/ quote" bubble that appears when you select text. The Reply w/ quote option that inserts the whole post does work.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
May 17, 2004
Seems to work on this old iPad2 okay.

Up-to-date iOS 9.3.5?

I do have to kill off the keyboard in order to select new text in the message to which I'm replying.
iOS 10.1.1, but it turns out closing the keyboard before selecting the text does work. Thanks all!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
There is other iOS/SBO wonkyness in the reply box... using a BT keyboard, pressing a cursor key moves the cursor, but also makes the screen jump to the end of the page, scrolling the box out of view. Very annoying.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Admitting my ignorance WRT the latest Apple products, is there an ability to "num-lock" without disabling the cursor keys?
Not on my keyboard. I assume the scripts that control the edit box is not expecting an iOS device to be sending cursor control codes, and scrolls the SCREEN and not the cursor.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Not on my keyboard. I assume the scripts that control the edit box is not expecting an iOS device to be sending cursor control codes, and scrolls the SCREEN and not the cursor.
I got nothin'. You might want to use a wireless mouse instead of the cursor keys?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
on my iPhone when I use the "reply with quote" I need to close the key board with the "Done" action so I can select another item to quote.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Anytime we have an issue with the Apple stuff, the fix is turning it off to do a reboot.

All U Get

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
:biggrin: But with a new phone it is prettier when it doesn't work. No battle scars.