Replacing weaco refridgerator

Apr 21, 2009
2 309 Rock Hall MD
Our waeco refridge has died. Anyone know how to remove the unit? Don't see any bolts\screws,etc but it won't budge

Jun 4, 2009
Catalina 309 Swantown Marina Olympia, WA
Are you sure the fridge has died? You might want to check the AC/DC convertor located in the storage locker aft of the fridge. Many C309s had problems with this on early models. I think they switched to a different fridge on late models. I have #20 and mine has had to be replaced so I would check to see if you have one on your boat before you rip the old fridge out. It may save you a lot of cash. Check past threads as to how to remove the fridge if you need to. Good luck.

Feb 21, 2013
Catalina 309 Newport NSW
Hi Mike & Kathie. Everything you need is covered in Improving Refrigerator Ventilation posted 2013. If you can not find this remove the draw below the fridge put hour hand in the space and feel around until you find screws in the top of the space. These screw into a sheet of ply on which the fridge sits. Remove all the screws and the ply plus the fridge should slide forward - not easy and the ply can catch on the timber beading on the sides of the surrounding frame.

JuanJM

May 13, 2017
Catalina 309 Herrington Harbour, Maryland
I am looking to also take out the refrigerator and will follow advice. Will let you know how I do. Regards,