Replacing water heater C34 1986

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2008
Catalina 34 (1986) Hull, MA
Need to replace my water heater under the galley sink, a rusting hulk. Anyone know where I can order a replacement and what's it like to remove the old one and install the new one.

Nov 20, 2007
Flying Scot and self built wooden dingy 19 foot and V12 WV and MD
I assume the C34 is very similar to the C-36. I replaced the water heater in my 1989 this spring. You really need to look at what you have. some models have the engine heater pipes on the back, some have them on the front with the hot and cold lines. It is propbably a 6 gal. I got mine from Defender. In order to get the thing out I had to remove the counter front. It will not fit through the bottom drawer hole. You will need to drill and pop out the teak plugs hiding the 6 screws attaching the front to the galley counter face.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
More Info for Your C34

Hi, hope you're enjoying your C34. If you go to www.c34ia.org, you'll find a wealth of information, all searchable. Also check out the Forum section, Message Board, where you can post your question. Consider joining the International Association to get even more information.

Tip: you HAVE to take the door and frame completely off to get it out.

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
Re: More Info for Your C34

Your water heater was manufactured by Seaward Products. They are still in business (they supply all of the electrical pannels to Catalina Yachts as well as the water heaters and ranges). I was having problems with my water heater, gave them a call, and got help troubleshooting my problem.

Their URL is http://www.seawardproducts.com/ and their phone number is on their web site.

Steve
Alchemist C-380 #71
Alchemist C-320 #909
Alchemist C-30T #4764

B

barbcpalma@yahoo.com

Need to replace my water heater under the galley sink, a rusting hulk. Anyone know where I can order a replacement and what's it like to remove the old one and install the new one.
Bought mine at Boat US. Not a difficult job just time consuming. Needed a 3rd hand at times but can't fit the hand in. Be sure to remove all excessive water. It is heavy. It actually does come out easily

Status
Not open for further replies.