REPLACING RAYMARINE ELECTRONICS

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
We installed a Raymarine Color Digital radar with an e7 Touch screen MFD. Looked at a larger MFD as well.. In the end we cut out several "cardboard" MFD's. I preferred the e7 because of the forward visibility it afforded.
With the digital radar you will appreciate the instant on ability ( no 90 second count down for warm up). The only draw back: There is a drop down data box at the top of the screen. Raymarine needs to reconfigure this so that it pops up from the bottom. I'm not so worried about where I've been but I am about where I'm going. If you keep the MFD set on a quarter mile, the drop down box cuts that to an eighth..

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
We installed a Raymarine Color Digital radar with an e7 Touch screen MFD. Looked at a larger MFD as well.. In the end we cut out several "cardboard" MFD's. I preferred the e7 because of the forward visibility it afforded.
With the digital radar you will appreciate the instant on ability ( no 90 second count down for warm up). The only draw back: There is a drop down data box at the top of the screen. Raymarine needs to reconfigure this so that it pops up from the bottom. I'm not so worried about where I've been but I am about where I'm going. If you keep the MFD set on a quarter mile, the drop down box cuts that to an eighth..
If your e7 uses Lighthouse II operating system then simply auto hide the databar (touch screen will wake it up) see Chapter 5.6 in Release 19. Also use the menu options to offset your vessel on the screen. If you change the position to Partial Offset or Full Offset, the view ahead of your vessel will be increased. See Chapter 14.12 in Release 19. I use Partial Offset.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
If your e7 uses Lighthouse II operating system then simply auto hide the databar (touch screen will wake it up) see Chapter 5.6 in Release 19. Also use the menu options to offset your vessel on the screen. If you change the position to Partial Offset or Full Offset, the view ahead of your vessel will be increased. See Chapter 14.12 in Release 19. I use Partial Offset.
Thanks.. I'm running the Navionics Chip.. I can lay out a course (s) on my phone and direct transfer to the chartplotter