Replacing propane supply system

Apr 6, 2013
Catalina 310 Annapolis
I want to replace all the key components of my propane system (not including the tank itself) back to my stove. Has anyone done this before? Catalina Direct sells all the parts including the regulator, solenoid, and gas supply hose. Replacing the components in the locker does not appear to be too difficult. The tough part looks to be the hose run itself and wiring up the solenoid. Any advice from folks who have done this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
If they did it right, the hose is secured all along it's length, I believe, every 24 inches. That can be a real pain to take down and put back up. The rest is just plug and play.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
Curious why you want to replace all of those parts? I would expect the tank to be the most likely part to fail.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
Agree that properly secured propane plumbing should be long lasting. Are you having problems, or just preparing for the next three decades before you have an issue?

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
There’s probably a length of solid conduit (PVC?) that the hose and wiring run thru, at least that’s what the owner’s manual shows. If you undo the stress relief by the tank can you get any movement? That might tell you if it’s tied down in difficult to reach places?