Replacing Portlights on 11.0A- Need Info

Aug 25, 2010
S-2 11.0A St. Petersburg
Hi folks, been awhile since I posted but I can sure use some good advice. I need to replace the side portlights on my 11.0A, the middle and aft are both hazed, cracked and leaking requiring replacement. The "boat boy" (me) dropped the water hose and the metal nozzle put a nice chip out of the window that eventually cracked all the way thru.
I would like to have the new plastic cut, shaped and ready to install before I remove the old ones. Can anyone advise the type of plastic and thickness I should use. By any chance does anyone on this Forum make replacements for sale? Any help s greatly appreciated.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i made mine out of Lexan 1/4 inch thick smoke in color but i suggest you get bronze...also get the lexan with the uv protection ....i cut mine myself with a bosch jig saw and table saw with a carbide blade and a plastic cutting blade on the jig saw ...also sand the cut marks out or it will have a tear or crack point ...bonded with dow 795..... the only one to use.... no matter what any may tell you ...leave no sharp edges anywhere.....

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I basically refit the entire boat over the last few years. There were only two jobs that I hired out. The windows were one of them. It would have been disasterous with me doing it. Sealants with me are like viruses. It gets everywhere even when it wasnt there....You will not find ready made windows ready for install. You will have to buy the raw material and fabricate yourself. 1/4" bronze. If you can get the old ones out, use them for patterns. Windows fore/aft are different sizes.

Aug 25, 2010
S-2 11.0A St. Petersburg
Wooodster and MM, thank you very much for your replies. After posting I sat down and went farther back into earlier posts and found the recommendations. I have the new sails installed and had all of the standing rigging replaced along with the fresh bottom jobs two years ago. Next on the check list is the running rigging and the gaskets for the Lewmar opening ports I installed several years ago to replace the Becksons. The Florida heat just bakes anything rubber down here.