Replacing portlights H27

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bucky Sherman

Would like to replace my gray Ind. portlights with quality metal frame portlights. Cant find with close enough measurements for the cut out size in the boat. Any suggestions?

M

Mike Alge

metal ports

Go to www.newfoundmetals.com and take a look at there web site. They have direct replacement sizes for Gray Ind. ports which are now a part of Bomar. NFMare the only ports of metal construction that have a 25deg. drain angle. Beckson has 45 deg. but they are plastic ports . I am replacing all the ports on my H37 cutter with New Found Metals ports and in my opinion are far better than anything else I have looked at.

T

TOM M.

FIX WHAT YOU HAVE

GRAY PORT HOLES ARE THE BEST OF THE PLASTIC PORTHOLES, AND IS EQUAL TO SOME METAL PORTS, BUT BECAUSE OF THE 7"x15" PORTS IN THE MAIN CABIN, YOU'LL FINE NONE TO ACCOMODATE THE OPENING EXACTLY, SO IF THE DOGS ARE CRACKED OR THE THREADS ARE CORRODED, OR IF THE GLASS IS FROSTED OR CRACKED, YOU'RE BETTER OFF REPLACING THE DETAILS, BOMAR SELLS GRAY DETAILS AND ASSEMBLIES, J.S.I. SOMETIMES HAS SALES ON THESE PORTHOLES.

Status
Not open for further replies.