Replacing headmate pump assembly?

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Hunter 356 Mamaroneck, NY
I have an older Wilcox Crittendon Headmate head and the bowl and base are fine, but maintaining the pump assembly seems like a lost cause as parts become harder to get. Plus, it has a lot of parts. Does anyone know if there is a newer pump assembly that would fit the existing base, so I don't have to replace the bowl and replumb?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I have an older Wilcox Crittendon Headmate head and the bowl and base are fine, but maintaining the pump assembly seems like a lost cause as parts become harder to get. Plus, it has a lot of parts. Does anyone know if there is a newer pump assembly that would fit the existing base, so I don't have to replace the bowl and replumb?
There really isn't. The closest would be a Jabsco manual toilet, the least expensive but has a very short average lifespan. The Groco HF is much higher quality...the pump MIGHT fit your base Groco HF owners manual but you can buy the top rated Raritan PH SuperFlush Raritan PH SuperFlush for very litttle more. The "conversion" (keep your bowl seat and lid) is about the same price as just the Groco pump alone. It's not a 'plug and play' replacement, but it's a toilet that will give you at least 20 years of trouble-free service if you'll just keep it well lubricated and put a rebuild kit in it every 5-6 years.

--Peggie

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Hunter 356 Mamaroneck, NY
Thanks. Same base would have been too easy, but the Raritan conversion looks promising.