Replacement Traveler Part for H-34

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
HI Folks;

Forgive my lack of the correct terminology but I need to replace the part from my traveler shown in the attached photo. I should actually replace both the port and starboard parts. Is this available on this site? Otherwise any suggestions on where to source? Thanks!

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Interesting, Doug.. I don't recognize the logo/brand etched into the top of the end piece.. If you can get a read on that and some measurements of the track,, you may be able to find what you need at Rig Rite. They've got things like the pulley wheel or in some cases, the whole end fitting. Traveller Systems (rigrite.com)
My boat has an old Schaefer, I guess Hunter put on what was available at the time of production?
IMG_0616.JPG

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
Interesting, Doug.. I don't recognize the logo/brand etched into the top of the end piece.. If you can get a read on that and some measurements of the track,, you may be able to find what you need at Rig Rite. They've got things like the pulley wheel or in some cases, the whole end fitting. Traveller Systems (rigrite.com)
My boat has an old Schaefer, I guess Hunter put on what was available at the time of production?
View attachment 195526
Thanks Kloudie. On closer inspection it says "Rutgerson" so I'll Google that. I was thinking the parts might be a little more standard to Hunter but as you say, they probably equipped the boat with whatever parts were readily available at that time.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Rutgerson (Swedish) seems to have little or no distribution in the USA. If you need just the block, you might be able to get a different brand single cheek block with becket to work, the car is probably a problem. We can offer Lewmar and Harken whole new traveler kits:

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
Rutgerson (Swedish) seems to have little or no distribution in the USA. If you need just the block, you might be able to get a different brand single cheek block with becket to work, the car is probably a problem. We can offer Lewmar and Harken whole new traveler kits:
I think the Harken kit your referenced is for boats 30 feet or less. He has a H34 so it won't work.

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
I think the Harken kit your referenced is for boats 30 feet or less. He has a H34 so it won't work.
Thanks Mike. Sorry for the delayed response. So you're saying you have the exact replacement block in question? I would happily purchase it from you if you think it's still in reasonable condition. On ours the wheel cracked in half so I'm a bit concerned about that happening again but it's worth a try. Otherwise we were thinking of replacing the entire assembly over the winter.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
I thought that I had given away my old traveler parts but actually found them. Let me know if you want them. Send me you address.

Mike

Jun 27, 2004
Hunter 34 New Bern, NC
Hey, YVRguy,
What you are looking at is a cheek block. This is a standard block that you could pick up at West Marine, or order from Defender. What I did on my Hunter 34 is to replace the blocks with double cheek blocks to increase the puchase to 4:1. This was mostly a screwdriver and a couple of bolts.
Happy Sails!

Feb 15, 2023
Dickerson Dickerson 41 Quebec Yacht Club
Now they have Dada Marine www.dadamarine.com. Fun fact to provide technical support and offered me options to either rebuilt my mainsheet car of a replacement equivalent kit.