Replacement Rudder H31

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Looking for suggestions on where I can find a replacement rudder and possibly post for my ‘84 H31. due to loss of steering capabilities I’m thinking broken or separated/loss of rudder. Inspected steering cables, quadrant and post (from what I can see inside the boat) and all looks good. I’m not sure of post condition below water line and won’t know reasons or extent of loss til later this week when I haul the boat. Any suggestions appreciated. Jerry

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
May be the "armature" (stainless framework embedded in the blade and attached to the rudder tube).. It probably can be repaired by dropping the rudder and cutting most of one side of the blade open.. Then repairing the armature then re-foam and replace the part cut open for access.. Search site.. I remember Nice And Easy repairing his a few years ago.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
There are some folks in FL, north of Tampa, that build H31 rudders. I'll try to find some contact info. The previous owner of my boat had to replace her's after running aground. She actually watched the new rudder get built.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Thanks for the help. I searched past forum discussions and found a place called newrudders.com they are out of Williston Fla. Will phone them in the morning and let u know what I find out as well as post pics when I get her hauled later this week.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Thanks for the help. I searched past forum discussions and found a place called newrudders.com they are out of Williston Fla. Will phone them in the morning and let u know what I find out as well as post pics when I get her hauled later this week.
Those are the folks, AKA Foss Foam.