Replacement Port Windows on H31 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 31 St. Andrews by-the-sea
Hi Hunter Owners

I have read several past blogs on people replacing and/or repairing the port opening windows on Hunters

I have a Hunter 31 (1983 - 1987 model)

I am just curious if anyone has the cut-out hole dimensions

I have several new replacement models of port windows I can get ...

Just curious before I rip one of them apart to try get hole cut-out dimensions, if anyone by chance has this info so exact length by width for cut-out if possible ....

Mainly I was hoping to replace the standard 6 (that are roughly 7 3/4 in by 14 1/2 inch) .... on main cabin ...

Also, does anyone by chance know the brand name and/or model number of these OEM windows that Hunter installed???

Any help would be most apprciated !

Cheers ....

May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
We bought ours from the HunterOwners store several years ago (6 ? maybe). They were the exact replacements for the ones that came on the boat. We have a 1987 Hunter 31. I think they were Beckson ports. They are plastic but ours lasted 20 years and we replaced them for esthetic reasons, not because they were broken. They still look brand new today but my wife baby's them.

Aug 23, 2009
hunter 34 Lake McConaughy, Nebraska
ports

They are made by grey. You can buy parts or complete on this sight. Click the on the store in the heading.

McZube

Apr 5, 2012
Hunter 31 Chesapeake Bay, MD
Tip-Sea, are you referring to the opening portholes or the large fixed trapezoidal windows?

Jan 18, 2011
Hunter 31 St. Andrews by-the-sea
Update on H31 1984 Port Lights

Hi All Hunter Owners

Thank you for all the suggestions and info

I ended up taking one (of the main 6) ports out (to see how easy this was and at the same time I managed to get all exact measurements)

I was surprised that they popped out in less then 10 minuted of effort!

I got all measurements and now and ordering Beckson Ports (as best deal up here in Canada)!

Thanks again for all the help !!!

One final question .... the Log fixed main window (i.e. 1 on each side) ... some blogs have suggested simply taking apart and getting new exact cut to size plexy glass cut ... is this as simply as it sounds ... or is this more involved ... to date I have not yet pulled that one out, I will tackle the main 6 (plus 1 in cockpit for rear berth) before replacing main glass ....

Comments welcome ... plexiglas needs replacement as faded, scratched and just plain old and tired looking ....

Cheers all and happy sailing!

Tip-Sea

Hi Hunter Owners

I have read several past blogs on people replacing and/or repairing the port opening windows on Hunters

I have a Hunter 31 (1983 - 1987 model)

I am just curious if anyone has the cut-out hole dimensions

I have several new replacement models of port windows I can get ...

Just curious before I rip one of them apart to try get hole cut-out dimensions, if anyone by chance has this info so exact length by width for cut-out if possible ....

Mainly I was hoping to replace the standard 6 (that are roughly 7 3/4 in by 14 1/2 inch) .... on main cabin ...

Also, does anyone by chance know the brand name and/or model number of these OEM windows that Hunter installed???

Any help would be most apprciated !

Cheers ....

Jul 25, 2012
We are looking for the trim piece that goes around the trapezoidal window. Just bought our 31 and so far this appears to be one of the only repair needed

Status
Not open for further replies.