Replacement parts for a shore power connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2006
Hunter 34 Bayou Chico - Pensacola
I have an '84 Hunter 34 and the threaded ring on the shore power connector has broken. It's a separate part that is held in place with three small screws but I have no idea who manufacured the shore power connector. I hate to replace the entire connector at about $150 when all that's broken is a $10 part. Any ideas where I go to find this part?

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
If you look carefully you will find a manufacturer's name and or part number somewhere on the components. If you are lucky and it is Marinco compatible you can go on their website and order all kinds of bit and pieces, including cable ends and parts for the boat mounted receptacle.

How about posting a picture - it makes it much easier to help you.

Jun 25, 2006
Yes. I have emailed them to ask about availability of parts. Hopefully I can convert the fitting and my shorepower cord to their newer 1/8 turn fittings.

Jun 25, 2006
Marinco sent the replacement part at no charge and since the new part has the quick-connect capability I ordered two of the new style rings so that I can convert both of my shorepower cords. You don't find that kind of service very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.