Replacement led lights for Oceanis 45

May 10, 2007
Beneteau 45 Annapolis
I'm thinking of replacing the lights in the arch of my Oceanis 45. I would like lights that can be dimmed and can change color (red or blue) so I can get some light without ruining night vision. Does anyone know of replacement lights that fit nicely in the original location?

Similarly I would like color changing / dimmable led lights to replace the white led strips under the cabinets. Again I would like to be able to change from white to dim red or blue for night time.

Has anyone made these changes and can recommend a certain brand of light or has tips on installation methods?

May 7, 2014
Beneteau 390 Tiburon
maybe search for marine lighting or LED lights? i changed out all my interior lights to LED and am happy with them.

BayMan

Sep 12, 2012
Hunter 450 Unspecified
Don't mean to hijack- but I saw old time bulbs at WM 2 for $6 or one LED replacement for over $50. Where can I find LED at a decent price?

Jun 18, 2013
Beneteau 41.1 Glen Cove, NY
I just found and have ordered some "bi-color" LEDs to replace some G4 2 pin halogens in the cabin headliner. Specs claim that you turn them on once, they're white; turn them off and then on again and they're red (or blue). Don't know if they're dimmable, but if these work your problem is halfway solved. I'll try to follow up once I've received and installed them.
http://marineledshop.com/marine-g4-sidepin-led-bulbs

Jun 18, 2013
Beneteau 41.1 Glen Cove, NY
Installation is complete and, as promised, here's my follow up. In the 331 light fixtures, I had to remove both the halogen bulb and the metallic reflector. I also removed a little white plastic block that comes on the LED unit, separating the two pins at their base. Doing this allowed the disk to sit perfectly in the center of the lighting fixture. Works like a charm; turn on, they're white, turn off then on again they're red, perfect for nighttime.

Attachments