Replacement for bose 321

Sep 24, 2016
Hunter 33 Kingston
The entertainment system on my H45 DS stopped working and I would like to have a newer technology like bluetooth etc. Can somebody recommend a replacement that can fit the same location. The dimensions of the Bose 321 are 3¼"H x 13¾"W x 10"D .
Thanks

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I think you want a RV Stereo Entertainment Center CD/DVD/MP3 AM/FM Bluetooth. If you find one that has smaller dimensions then have a teak wood plate cut to fit it in the existing cut out. Look for "RV" entertainment centers, like a Jensen I have on my Montana fifth wheel trailer. The one below costs $115.

RV Stereo Entertainment Center CD/DVD/MP3 AM/FM Bluetooth - RecPro
  • Dimensions (overall): 7 7/8"W x 4 1/2"H x 7 1/2"D
  • Dimensions (cutout): 6 1/4"W x 2 3/8"H x 6 5/8"D

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Try www.crutchfield.com. They have everything and very good customer guidance and assistance. I've bought from them a few times over the years, my Go To guys for boat and automobile stereo equipment.

Dec 1, 2020
Hunter 44 DS Deale, MD
The Bose 321 on my boat only partially worked when I bought it. I thought about totally replacing it with something new, but realized that I'd have to take the ceiling apart to run new speaker wires (the Bose ones are non standard). I had higher priority fixes to worry about, so I found a working replacement unit on eBay. And, I added a cheap bluetooth adapater from Amazon to the Aux port on the 321, so I can stream music from my phone. Works great.

Daze

Dec 16, 2019
Hunter 49 Marblehead, MA
The Bose 321 on my boat only partially worked when I bought it. I thought about totally replacing it with something new, but realized that I'd have to take the ceiling apart to run new speaker wires (the Bose ones are non standard). I had higher priority fixes to worry about, so I found a working replacement unit on eBay. And, I added a cheap bluetooth adapater from Amazon to the Aux port on the 321, so I can stream music from my phone. Works great.
@ramoore do you mind sharing more specifics on the blue tooth adapter you bought from Amazon?

Dec 1, 2020
Hunter 44 DS Deale, MD
Sure, this is the link to the one I bought in January, but it now says it is unavailable:

I picked that one because it could be powered through a usb cable, so I could plug it into one of the existing 12v cigarette lighter outlets, AND it could output through RCA jacks, which connect to the AUX port on the Bose 321. The APTx low latency stuff doesn't matter.

I remember that some of the similar devices on Amazon apparently would not automatically reconnect to a paired device after being turned off, but this one does.

That is all of the features that I remember caring about.

Hope that helps.

Apr 2, 2021
Hunter 38 On the move
I'm just going to tear mine out. I can't believe the dedicated 600W inverter just to drive the giant subwoofer!

However, I'm having trouble finding a good 12v 24" TV. Anyone have a recommendation?