Replacement Diesel Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
My aluminum tank has a pinhole. I know I could get it repaired but thinking it might be time to replace. New aluminum tanks are around $400. Any reason not to replace with plastic instead of aluminum if I can find something to fit?

Oct 15, 2008
Catalina 30 Mexico
After welding my tank a couple of times I called Catalina and was surprised at the reasonable price. Perfect fit, no modifications. Give them a call.,

dj2210

Feb 4, 2012
Catalina 30 Watts Bar
Yes, I already have contacted them. It's about $350. The tank that is in my 1990 is a little different in dimensions than the one Catalina or Catalina direct has. Don't know why and either do they but what they sell will work.

Jan 3, 2009
Catalina 30 mk II St Michaels
I've recently replaced the fuel tank on my '92 Catalina 30. The name do the manufacturer was in a plate on the tank and I contacted them. They had the origional templates and were able to make me a new one with the exact dimensions. The mounting screw holes were a little different but that wasn't a big problem. Hardest part was getting to the port side screws which required some contortionism . The price including shipping and handling and as I recall was in line with what others have mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.