Replace or Repair Amiot traveler car on a Beneteau 35S5.

Jun 5, 2018
Beneteau 35S5 Buffalo, NY
I need to replace or repair the Amiot traveler car on a Beneteau 35S5. Any recommendations on where to find a replacement or how to replace the wheels on the car and if you have any information on how to remove the traveler car it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
I purchased a length of acetal (I think) rod from McMaster Carr and had a local machine shop turn new bushings for our old traveler car. The performance of that system was not great from the get-go and we ultimately replace the entire traveler with a Harken traveler which is far superior.

Attachments

Jun 5, 2018
Beneteau 35S5 Buffalo, NY
Was the Harken a fairly close fit to the old track you replaced and was a difficult job.
Thanks for your response.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
We have a cockpit-mounted Harken traveller in our 35s5.. bolts are accessed from aft cabin and head. Is yours cabintop? If so it would appear you'll need to remove the rope cover molding for access.
Really can't go wrong with Harken, $ad to $ay.... if you don't have an easily adjusted and functional traveler it will sour any good sailing day.

May 6, 2010
1984 Oday 39 79 Milwaukee
Was the Harken a fairly close fit to the old track you replaced and was a difficult job.
Thanks for your response.
Our boat is an Oday 39, the original track was welded to the towers. I cut the track of the towers and bolted the new Harken track to them. I did have Harken bend the new track to the curve of the old one (they are located a few miles from me).