Replace Headliner Hunter 306

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
What material is your headliner ? What year ?

In the1999 310, it's a hard, one piece internal shell.

000_0029.JPG

kbgunn

Sep 19, 2017
2005 Hunter 33 Lake Lewisville, TX
I am replacing some headliner sections on a 2006 Hunter 38. I am guessing the 306 is similar. The fabric is called Whisperwall and it is pressed into a track and held in place by friction. No adhesives are used. The material can be purchased from Marlow-Hunter and is 54" wide. Only one color was used on all boat models. They charge $55 per yard and shipping was $60 for the oversized package. Attached is a diagram of the track installation and a video showing the how to press the material in the track. It's not hard work, just time consuming and tedious to get top quality finish.

Attachments

Apr 26, 2021
Hunter 306 CVDM
I just did the job last weekend. Quite easy. I used a plastic roler (for installing mosquito screen). You insert de roler (or any other smoth plastic device) to reduce the grip on the liner that you pull out. l used the same tool for putting it back in. Now I have access to the roof of the saloon easily. Good luck

Jun 25, 2004
Hunter 306 Pasadena MD
I am replacing some headliner sections on a 2006 Hunter 38. I am guessing the 306 is similar. The fabric is called Whisperwall and it is pressed into a track and held in place by friction. No adhesives are used. The material can be purchased from Marlow-Hunter and is 54" wide. Only one color was used on all boat models. They charge $55 per yard and shipping was $60 for the oversized package. Attached is a diagram of the track installation and a video showing the how to press the material in the track. It's not hard work, just time consuming and tedious to get top quality finish.

This is really great information: thanks! I've been intimidated to attempt getting behind the headliner in my 306 b/c it looked difficult to put it back correctly. Can't say I'm going to jump right into it, but when I need to, I'll know where to look it up.