Replace Fuel Guage

Feb 25, 2014
Hunter Hunter 30 Lake Lanier
I have a 92 Hunter 30. As you know, the fuel guage is on top of the tank, which is a pain to check, as the lazarette has a few items on top.

Has anyone replace the fuel guage where it's a bit more convenient to use?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
How about an electric sensor with a remote readout ?

1683314282734.png

If you like working with wiring, you can wire the readout to show without engaging the rest of your engine electrical system and avoid listening to the low oil pressure alarm while filling your fuel tank.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I have a 92 Hunter 30. As you know, the fuel guage is on top of the tank, which is a pain to check, as the lazarette has a few items on top.

Thanks
Do you know what sort of gauge it is?

My O’Day 322 had this device, mounted on top of,the tank, and in the bottom of the lazzarette….impossible to read…
I assumed it was just a sight glass style gauge.
IMG_0240_Original.jpeg

But some very helpful SBO member told me it was a Moeller gauge, and that it could drive an electronic gauge…

Like this one…

I bought the gauge, wired it up, and now have an actual gauge to look at where I can see it!

Greg

• Helpful
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Many many sailors find the original install of tank float fuel gauges are inconvenient. They then seek a gauge that can be located in an accessible space and connect wires to transmit the signal indicating the fuel level in the tank.

It is a great improvement. GO for it.