Replace adler barbour with frigoboat

Apr 17, 2013
Catalina 310 57 Pompano Beach, FL
Looking to replace the adler barbour with a frigoboat system does anyone have any experience in doing this. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Apr 17, 2013
I am changing the question a little bit. Has anyone changed there refrigeration to a new system or to AB. My only concern is routing the tubing from the evaporator to the compressor. Is this an issue.

Thanks,
Mark

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Replaced mine with an new version of the original because I was not looking for additional complications. It has been great.

Feb 20, 2013
Catalina 310 Channel Islands Harbor
Hi Mark,

I recently replaced both the compressor and evaporator on hull 164. I had a conduit that ran the whole way that was even straight. I just tied a line to the old tubing and used that to carefully pull the new tubes thru.
There is probably a big lump of sealing putty in the fridge compartment where the tubing enters. It comes out easy and you should see the forward end of the conduit. You will need a helper to feed and straighten the new tubing as you pull the line attached. It was surprisingly easy, just be careful not to kink anything. I went with the original AB parts as they seemed to work well for the first twenty years and I was sure they would fit.

Jeff

Apr 17, 2013
Hi Mark,

I recently replaced both the compressor and evaporator on hull 164. I had a conduit that ran the whole way that was even straight. I just tied a line to the old tubing and used that to carefully pull the new tubes thru.
There is probably a big lump of sealing putty in the fridge compartment where the tubing enters. It comes out easy and you should see the forward end of the conduit. You will need a helper to feed and straighten the new tubing as you pull the line attached. It was surprisingly easy, just be careful not to kink anything. I went with the original AB parts as they seemed to work well for the first twenty years and I was sure they would fit.

Jeff
Thanks for the information hopefully mine will be as easy.