Replace 1 1/2" Sanitation Hose Hunter 30G

Jan 13, 2014
Hunter 30 Hampton, VA
Has anyone replaced the 1 1/2" discharge to holding tank sanitation hose on their 1990 Hunter 30G? Would you consider this job a task for a first time holding tank owner? :)

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
I replaced mine on my old 30T including my holding tank. I put in a custom 25 gallon tank. Any head hose job is not easy but doable. Remember that heating the new hose in hot water will help make it a little more plyable.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Would you consider this job a task for a first time holding tank owner? :)
Not a problem at all. Just make sure you're not in a hurry to go anywhere and keep a 1500 watt hair dryer in your spare hand.

I did this a couple of years ago and the routing looked like a rattlesnake with a broken back. The greatest aid in doing this was having someone hold the hair dryer where you're bending and heating until too hot to hold. Made an impossible job quite tolerable.

Jan 13, 2014
Hunter 30 Hampton, VA
Thanks you for your input. Can I physically get to the Hunter 30G holding tank input connection without a "Sawzall"? I believe my holding tank is inside my port side head, sink/vanity storage compartment.

Dec 23, 2013
Hunter 23.5 and 27, 2006 Redbud Marina
Ahoy All! I've a Hunter 27, 2006 (your little brother), however the 1 1/2 discharge hose from the Jabsco head and through a bulkhead to the discharge tank is quite similar to yours. I just purchased this boat and I knew there was some liquid seepage from the hoses somewhere so I used it as a bargaining point. I wish I knew how it was originally plumbed for the waste side. The waste hose from the holding tank comes through a bulkhead and I believe it to be original. From the discharge at the toilet to the bulkhead was at least 5 or 6 junctions, (hose, boot, elbow, boot, shutoff, boot) The boots did not fit snugly on the 1 1/2 odor fighting waste hose, thus the leaks. I replaced with one new hose all the way to the bulkhead with a one way flapper valve at that junction. Seems to be water tight, I haven't tried to pass anything but liquid through the flapper valve, I'm a little concerned.
My question is, "Does anyone know what the original plumbing configuration was, does it need a one way valve?" My holding tank is above the toilet and has an overhead loop with a vent of some sort.
Thanks, Martin in Tulsa

Oct 20, 2013
Hunter 335 Tampa, FL
I have not found any project to be "to big" with time and research... and the added knowing how to fix it later if it's your own doing... Re-learning this with our new "old" 1990 Hunter 33.5... Been down this path before with many of the projects on our prior 30'r...