Repair sole bilge panel?

Apr 19, 2020
Catalina 310 Kenosha, WI
The floor panel that covers my C310 bilge has separated. I tried rescrewing the 3/4" marine plywood panel to the teak panel, but the screws along didn't hold as the length was too short. I separated the two panels completely and was thinking of using epoxy with screws now to repair. Any suggestions from others how best to secure these two pieces so this repair will last for years to come? I'll note the 3/4" marine plywood has a plastic laminate on both side (like melamine). Not sure how epoxy or construction adhesive would stick to that? Thoughts?

Attachments

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
G-Flex should be able to adhere to that - it sticks to PVC. Rough it up with some 80 grit first.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I would probably sand the plywood a bit to remove any old adhesive, epoxy or whatever, and sand the laminate side to do the same and to rough it up a bit....then apply some construction adhesive and put weights (lots of weights) on it to keep it tight until it dries.

Epoxy or other adhesive could be used, but a Liquid Nails or something similar would be cheap and easy if you don’t have epoxy available.

Greg