Repair manuals for Yanmar 2 GM Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie

As a new owner of a Pearson 303 I will have lots of questions? I have a Yanmar 2 GM engine and will try to do most work myself. There is an owners manual with the boat for the engine but it is very limited with regards to information. Can anyone suggest a good book for this engine. The boat is a 1985. Thanks Charlie

Jun 1, 2005
Pearson 303 Robinhood, ME
????

Hi Charlie... Congrads on your new purchase. She is a great coastal cruiser... but nothing more. I have hull #121. I have a "mechanics manual" that came with my 2GM. It has more information that a human could possibly understand. It is way beyond me. Please advise, Rich

shorty

Apr 14, 2005
Pearson P34 Mt Desert, ME
Books

There are separate Yanmar Service manuals and parts books that are quite complete. Service manual was ~$45 four years ago. Torreson Marine has for purchase online, or a local Yanmar dealer. If you are in the NE look into the one or two day "Day with your Diesel" with Larry Berlin from Mack Boring. Good class. One day is classroom. Two day is hands-on (in NJ I think). Parts dept. @ Old Lyme Marina in CT is very helpful and have pretty good inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.