Repace toggle on schaefer 2100 furler

Apr 17, 2013
Catalina 310 57 Pompano Beach, FL
I had posted a previous topic about the corroded toggle for my furler. I am now ready to replace it. When I took everything apart, I let the furler extrusions slide down the headstay. The directions state to attach the jib halyard just under the feeder to prevent this from happening, I guess I didn't have it tight enough. Has anyone had this situation and repositioned the furler extrusions. I think all I have to do is to pull up on the jib halyard which is attached just beneath the feeder and reposition the furler extrusions so I can put the stop pin back in. Like with most things that I am not familiar with I don't want to create another problem. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Mark

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Mark, Having trouble visualizing what you are doing. Do you have a picture? I have not taken my 2100 apart, but have done a couple of others. Sounds like you have it mostly figured it out as it is usually not all that complex.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Mark... You are going to need to pull the stay tight and slide the furler up the stay. This is a multi person task as I suspect it is still assembled on the boat. Lifting the furler and keeping it in place while a friend reaches up and pulls the head stay down is how I am picturing it.