Rendezvous 2010

May 31, 2006
- - Vancouver
Diana and I checked out Fulford Harbour on our return trip and think that a better (and fitting) alternative for 2010 is the site of the first rendezvous - Port Browning...Not the best toilets but a good spot to visit, to clear customs (Bedwell is around the corner), to provision and to race Tinkers...that is if any other VEGAtarians have the nerve to take us on.

Cheers - Brian (Simply Super)

May 31, 2006
- - Vancouver
I pass this along as information...I received this from Mitzi today. Hi Brian and Diana,

Port Browning is our vote. First, for nostalgia. It was one of the
first Canadian ports that we visited more than 30 years ago and we
love it! Second, we can get there on your wonderful BC Ferry. Last,
but by all means not least, the Bear can easily get up the few steps
into the Pub! A big plus! Let us know when you set the date and we'll
reserve one of their funky little cabins for a land base.

Wonderful to be with you both. We look forward to seeing you again!
Holler if you get back to the island, in the meanwhile.
Love,
Mitzi and the Bear

Brian - Simply Super

Dec 13, 2006
Hi everyone!

It has been a while since last posting but Ready About was sold three months ago to a capable and excited new owner who is currently outfitting her for the Caribbean. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your support, suggestions and guidance through our, albeit, brief three seasons of Vega ownership. It truly was with saddened hearts that we had to make the decision that we made, but our house has sold and our lives are moving in a new direction and sailing would have been difficult to pull off.
I am glad she is now with a good owner but the trips to the Seashore find my spirit our amongst the boats resting at anchor in the coves and harbors. Our sailing adventures are not over, just on the shelf for the time being and hope to one day share a drink or three with some of you Vega owners and trade stories of near misses, pea soup fog and golden sunsets.
All the best to youAnd thank you once moreChris & Kerin GrahamVega #1865 - "Ready About"

Oct 30, 2019
That said, Fisherman Bay on Lopez was also a neat venue, as long as I can learn to dock in a cross-current ;-)

Peter
#1331 'Sin Tacha'

Oct 2, 2005
Hi Chris, If you find yourself in my area sometime (Monterey,Calif.) don't be shy, give me a call and we'll go for a sail.
Craig Hirt Tern #1519