Removing interior cabin lights on Beneteau 321

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Must be a trick to removing the overhead cabin lights (2.5" diameter roughly).
The bezel broke off and I wanted to remove the bulb and the base and could not figure it out.
Thought it would best before breaking it...

Nov 23, 2009
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Clipper --
Pull the light very slowly, but make sure you push to hold straight the two coils (or whatever they are called) until they come out of the hole.

Edit: Provided they are similar to Beneteau 361 lights.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Pictures are always a good idea to make sure we are talking about the same model of lights.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
The lens twist 30° to release it from the housing. I had to use a jewelers flat head screwdriver to carefully rotate the lens. Crud had built up causing it to bind. Replaced mine with Marinebeam 6-LED Side Mount G4 Replacement Bulb | 120 Lumen Power Cluster - Novi

Huge difference.

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
I have the same lights - hard to get the lenses out carefully. I didn't like the color or intensity of the Marinebeam lights and went with a replacement LED light that has a single CREE LED, and it looks the closest I've seen to nice warm light. I didn't like the light from the original halogens either - they were too harsh over the main table. Wrote some about it here: https://sailbits.com/projects/halogen-light-replacement-cree-leds/

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
I have the same lights - hard to get the lenses out carefully. I didn't like the color or intensity of the Marinebeam lights and went with a replacement LED light that has a single CREE LED, and it looks the closest I've seen to nice warm light. I didn't like the light from the original halogens either - they were too harsh over the main table. Wrote some about it here: https://sailbits.com/projects/halogen-light-replacement-cree-leds/
Great article.
I will see if can remove the old bulbs.
I am missing the cover That is why I was looking to replace the assembly.