Remove the 1/2 panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howard

On my 1978 H 27 you access the stuffing box through the small removable panel, however you really can't get close enogh to work. On my boat the wood divider (stern of the removable panel) can be removed by taking out 4 or 5 wood screws that hold in in place. This also give access to the cockpit drains. With the rear panel removed you have enough room to work on the box. Hope this helps.

E

Ed Schenck

Q-berth?

Are you referring to the foot end of the quarterberth? My H37C has what looks like cheap paneling at the foot. If that came out it looks like it would give access to a lot of the stern area. Never tried to remove it.

D

David Foster

How to get at the screws, Howard??

I presume the panel you mean on the h27 (Lady Lillie is a '77) is the inboard side of the port quarter berth. I have the first 3 screws out, but can't reach the 2 screws closest to the stern. How do you get at them to remove them?? Thanks, David

H

Howard

I have a son.....

The fist time my son took of the screws using an electric screw driver. The panel on my boat is a rectangle of plywood covered with formica about 10" x 20" with a teak 1"X 2" x 20" screwed to the forward edge. (Kind of looks like a plywood flag on a short post) There are three screws on the bottom of the 1" x2" which you get to right from the opening. There are 3 more screws along the bottom of the plywood. You put your son in the hole, give him the electric screwdrive and listen for the curse works. All kidding aside it comes out pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.