Remote Starter Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2010
Catalina 36 Gig Harbor
Have a 4-year-old Universal M-25XPB engine.

Want to use a remote starter switch for bleeding the fuel system and other chores where being able to start the engine from down below would be handy.

Found a "HD" remote starter switch with 5 foot 12 ga leads to a pair of rubber boot protected clips and a push button switch. Actron CP7854 for under $30 delivered. Does this sound adequate or overkill?

My question is: How does one hook this up?

Am not on the boat (it's 8 hours away) and can't recall what the starter/solenoid combo looks like. Some of Paul J's most excellent pictures with arrows pointing to the connection points would be great.

I am certainly no rocket scientist when it comes to this stuff, so real simple instructions would be helpful.

Appreciate the help.
Thank you much

Jack Heaston

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
I use an old automotive starter switch to bleed my fuel system as well. Remember when you had to set your points and needed to turn the engine over until the lobe of the cam in the distributor was at the apex, well that is the switch I use, must be from the 50s, still work great!! Just connect one end to +12v, easy to access in the breaker panel, and the other end to the shovel connector which you will disconnect from the fuel pump. It is located right on top of the pump, just down the wire a few inches. The case of the pump is ground which completes the circuit. This will also give you a chance to inspect this connection which commonly corrodes.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Sagehen

My Universal M-25XPB engine on my 2002 is self bleeding so I haven't used that method.

When I change fuel filters .....I just turn the key to on let pump run than start the engine and let run.

:pix:

Diagram...........Witzend ?

paulj :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.