Remote Monitoring with Security Camera

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like an interesting unit.
What are your concerns. People boarding, Just want to be able to look at your boat from time to time, Boat being stolen?

No experience with that unit, but it looks pretty complete. There are a number of market attempts at boat security. You might review the ideas shared at these two sites.

They do a lot of technology testing and have written on the subject in the past couple of years.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
We bought two Voskers for our remote off-grid property in Northern Maine. After messing with them for two days. they still failed to work Voskers tech support is pretty much non-existant.. If you find an LTE based security cam that actually works let me know!!

Feb 28, 2022
Newport 30 Mark III Corpus Christi
We bought two Voskers for our remote off-grid property in Northern Maine. After messing with them for two days. they still failed to work Voskers tech support is pretty much non-existant.. If you find an LTE based security cam that actually works let me know!!
thank you for that input. I will keep looking. We had some kids get on the dock and did some small vandalism, so i would just like to be able to check in on the boat and see the weather.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Maybe you just need to put up a “Security by Smith & Wesson” or “Secured by ADT”. Or “Smile...you are on camera”.

I want to try this at my house…too cheap to buy a security system…but figure the sign is the deterrent anyway ;-)

Greg

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Maybe you just need to put up a “Security by Smith & Wesson” or “Secured by ADT”. Or “Smile...you are on camera”.

I want to try this at my house…too cheap to buy a security system…but figure the sign is the deterrent anyway ;-)

Greg
We started with game cameras and fish & game managed to catch three guys illegally hunting the posted land. Game cams are however not ideal...We will stiil employ game cams for remote areas of the property (nearly 300 acres) but we really need an LTE solution for the main access road, house and barn....

Oct 13, 2020
catalina C-22 4980 channel islands CA
we use these at work, they are made by ARLO. if you have good cell coverage they are great. motion sensing is not great if you walk straight at them but if you can get an angle on what you want to watch they are great. best thing is they are easy to set up and use. they send alerts to your phone. downside is recurring cost of a cell plan.