Remote Control??

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToyBox

I am having a new outboad installed in my 1978 C27. And I am going to have the remote starter and control arm installed on the port cockpit wall. Any drawbacks that the list may know of? Thanks

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

A little less legroom

The outboard that came with my C27 had cockpit controls but unfortunately the motor wasn't holding up too well so I switched to one that doesn't have them. I'm now looking at getting another that does cuz it's infinitely better than crawling in the engine compartment to start it & change gears, etc. The only draw back would be a little less legroom but you'll get used to it after the 3rd or 4th time of cracking your shins on the controls! LaDonna

A

A.C. Whitlow

Cockpit Controls

We put ours as far forward in the cockpit (starboard side) as we could because there was so much additional room there compared to the aft end. In addition, with the tiller I tended to sit a little forward so the controls were pretty handy. Every now and then someone would increase or decrease the engine speed with their calf, but it wasn't a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.