Remember When....

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
We would wait all winter for the arrival of spring? No, not the Equinox, boating catalogs! West, BoatUS*, E&B, Defender, Goldbergs, and Hamilton would all send their catalogs out in early February. It was more exciting than reading the Sears catalog as teen. Then it was time pour through the catalogs planning our up grades, comparing prices and making lists of maintenance needs and dream lists. That experience hasn't quite died yet, arriving in today's mail:

1708810874955.png

*Along time ago, BOAT/US had a mail order business and a few retail outlets. Their prices were always among the most competitive and the service was great, at least along the East Coast. In the early aughts West Marine bought them out, after they bought Goldbergs and E&B.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
We would wait all winter for the arrival of spring? No, not the Equinox, boating catalogs! West, BoatUS*, E&B, Defender, Goldbergs, and Hamilton would all send their catalogs out in early February. It was more exciting than reading the Sears catalog as teen. Then it was time pour through the catalogs planning our up grades, comparing prices and making lists of maintenance needs and dream lists. That experience hasn't quite died yet, arriving in today's mail:

View attachment 223185

*Along time ago, BOAT/US had a mail order business and a few retail outlets. Their prices were always among the most competitive and the service was great, at least along the East Coast. In the early aughts West Marine bought them out, after they bought Goldbergs and E&B.
Thanks… that memory of the sears catalog made my day!
:beer:
I saved my paper route money and purchased a go cart kit from the sears catalog… source of many of my favorite memories …:cool: