Relocating winch

Nov 20, 2013
Catalina C-25 Cleveland
I Want to move the winch from the mast to the cabin top on my c-25. Moving lines aft for convenience.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated as I have never taken a winch apart before and after I move this one I want to service the other two. They are Lewmar two speed.

Nov 9, 2009
catalina 25 wing keel rutledge tn.
You may want to contact Catalina Direct for advise on moving the winch. I have a catalina 25 and my halyards are internal in the mast. I do have them running to the cockpit and this makes raising and lowering very nice. The internet will show you how to service your winches. If the boat is in the water when you work on them ,you will have to be very careful not to lose any parts overboard. There are a couple of springs inside that are small. The winches are not very complicated to take apart. Just be sure to use the correct cleaners and lubricants.

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Check out the latest issue of the MainBrace on the C-22 National Association web site, it just came out today. I wrote an article in the current addition on disassembling, cleaning, lubricating, and reassembling the Lewmar single speed winches that come on the C-22's. I bet they are very similar.

Don

Nov 20, 2013
Catalina C-25 Cleveland
Don,
Checked your article on winches, looks like what I needed. Thanks a bunch.

Al

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Hey, no problem awermand. I see your from Cleveland, I grew up just north of you in Detroit. Looking forward to returning for some sailing on the sweet waters of the Great Lakes when I retire this spring, maybe I'll run into you on Lake Erie.

Don

Nov 20, 2013
Catalina C-25 Cleveland
You get to the Cleveland area let me know, we are at whiskey island marina.