Relocating Engine Instrument Panel

Nov 14, 2013
Catalina 30 MkI 1983 TRBS Westbrook, CT
Good day all. Haven't posted in a while but I'm looking at a major project. Relocating the engine instrument panel on our MKI from the "almost on the deck" location to the seat back/coaming. Tried searching the group but didn't find anything. If you've done this project please share your insights, pictures would be great too. I removed the panel yesterday and it is a mess. My initial thought was that I could rebuild it but after closer inspection I'll be looking to replace. Any leads on where to find one cheap....... I mean, less expensive, then Catalina Direct would be appreciated too. Thanks!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
chris, the C30 skippers have a few of their own websites and either a Yahoo or Google group, plus a newer wiki, plus their own old website. You should be able to find it via an internet search. Oftern boat specific info like this is more available on boat specific sites. I know it's been done many times before on C30s. Good luck, it's a worthwhile project.

• Helpful
May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
One that Stu is referring to is the official C-30 Association Forum. Bill S on there is familiar with moving the controls and will respond if you cross post your question over there.

groups.io/g/Catalina30

Nov 14, 2013
Catalina 30 MkI 1983 TRBS Westbrook, CT
One that Stu is referring to is the official C-30 Association Forum. Bill S on there is familiar with moving the controls and will respond if you cross post your question over there.

groups.io/g/Catalina30
Thanks, will do!!

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I made my own panel from ABS sheet. About $3.
9207EBF5-ED96-46C9-989D-CBCC172E70CA.jpeg

I replaced the wires and gauges. Rather than terminal strips behind the panel, I used weather pak connectors.
Les