Relaxing bow light wiring

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Just thought of this. Try pulling the string into the pipe in both directions. If something is lodged in the pipe (tape?) it may move in the opposite direction.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Galind, yes did this a while back on my ‘84 H31 when changing my bow light to a LED version. There is an obstruction in the bow pulpit. It does not allow fishing the wire upwards along the top rail and then down. I removed the bow pulpit from the boat and tried to get new wire fished thru with string, washers and magnet along the top rail and downwards with no luck. Existing wire runs downwards and exits outside the pulpit. Will be at the boat tomorrow and will send u a photo of where we had to exit for new light wire.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Galind - attached are photos from when i ran my new LED Bow light. there is an obstruction from the mid rail to where it connects on the downward leg for attachment to hull. We even took the pulpit off and tried running with string, washers and magnet to pull along with no luck. You can see where we jumped outside and ran the wire from there. any questions, PM me. good luck.

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I may be wrong on this but any of you by chance removed any foam or globs of silicon. If memory serves me, the wires loose in the bow pulpit would tend to move too much and I am thinking the manufacturers added stuff inside to keep those wires from moving. Your thoughts.