Refrigeration cool down time

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eric Kothe

I have a 93 40.5 with a Adler Barbour cold machine for the fridge and freezer. I is my first season with the boat and I am wondering how long it takes the plates to cool down from when you turn the units on. I have ran them both for an almost an hour without any cold to the touch feel. Probably time for a recharge? Everything else seems to be in working order.

M

Mickey McHugh

Also time to clean

the ducts, fans and cooling fins. After 4 years of constant use ours got very dirty. Cleaning the two units means taking the ducts off and rinsing them out, taking the fan shrouds off to clean the fan blades and the cooling fins. I suggest taking the top of the dinette seat off. Its a whole lot easier. After that let them run a while and see if it helps. Then get a cooling guy to check out the charge. One of mine was low. Both work great now. It's worth the effort to keep the beer cold!

R

Rich Stidger

Time to get cold

My refer and freezer get cold to the touch within an hour. To pull down the refer to 38 degrees (setting at 6-7)with a full load of food (some cool, some warm) takes 8-10 hours. I use a small battery-powered fan to circulate the air. I can't tell you how long the freezer takes because I've never timed it, but at a setting of "8" and an insulating foil blanket over the top of the food, the temp below the shelf runs 13 degrees.

J

Jim Vincent

40.5 frig / freezer

eric, i also have a '93 40.5 Legend. i would guess your units need to be serviced. they hold such a small amount of gas that any leak effects performance. both units are identical, but the freezer gets colder because the box is smaller. in an hour, they should begin to feel cool to the touch. you should begin to see frost forming at the gas line fittings at the power plate. it does take approx. 6 hrs. to get cold. my frig will freeze bottles of water SOLID!! in the frig

Status
Not open for further replies.