Refrig condensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
This year for some reason, Iv'e had more water leaking from refrig condensation running down the side of the refrig wall next to the oven stove.

I have observed some refig have there ice unit mounted in the bow side and some mounted on the aft side of refrig.....mine is mounted on aft side.

So one of the solutions is.......................Shamwow,

paulj :troll:

Attachments

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Paul

I get to be of help for once. But I have to say I saw the solution either on this site, or a Mainsheet. I installed a plastic curtain (much like a walk in cooler) in mine. Sorry no photo at the moment. I used a strip of aluminum from a door threshold, and a length of heavy weight clear carpet runner. I attached to the frame at the top, and attached the plastic with some pop rivets to the aluminum. This plastic drapes just inside the door frame all the way to the bottom of the icebox. The cool still keeps things in the door cold, but it has cut my condensation to ZERO. (we were cleaning up a puddle every time we came in the boat.) Added benifit, things are not dropping down the front of the unit from the top shelf to the bottom. Yes I will take a photo on Friday when I am at the boat. I had tried all the seals in the world, but this worked.

Mar 6, 2009
Catalina 310 Dunedin, Fl
I have encountered the same situation. Thought it was a leaking port until I read this message. Now I suspect the door seals may be at fault. Any ideas?

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Back issue of Mainsheet 2001-2002 posted on the 310 owners site - nice artical about this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.