Reed Creek, Chesapeake Bay

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Has anyone gone into Reed Creek, off the Corsica River, off the Chesapeake Bay this year? How tricky was the entrance? Going this weekend.

Mulf

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 410 Chester, MD (Kent Island)
Its been a couple years since we have been in there, but it is not bad to enter and is a very nice place once inside. Read any of the cruising guides about the entrance. Basically the task is to follow the deep water, it just isn't in a straight line. Enjoy!

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Hi Ron. I tried it once but chart, chart plotter and tablet all showed something different so I chicken out and went over to Langford. But a friend with a Catalina 400 regularly goes there and loves it.
Also in the area is the Cosica and Queenstown. Queenstown is one of my favorite anchorages. Some people find the noise from rt 50 a problem but we have never noticed it. It is a straight shot in but shoals all the time so I wouldn't recommend it over 5 ft draft or near a low tide. But it is serene and has a town dinghy dock that I have read takes you to a small general store and ice cream.
Enjoy Reed creek. We are planning for the Magathy or Swan creek.
Good luck and enjoy the warm fall weather.

ronbo

Jan 2, 2009
gozzard 44B mkll md
That’s what makes Reed Creek so desirable, it’s tricky to get in, so remains uncrowded. Take your time, follow your updated charts, remember for next time.