Red tide in St. Pete Beach?

danm1

Oct 5, 2013
Hunter 356 Mamaroneck, NY
Supposed to be there on vacation in two weeks and my wife's coworker has her frightened about air quality and beach walking. Any local insights?
Thanks.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I hope you get favorable updates. We were so grateful that our vacation in Destin late last summer wasn't ruined by the red tide further south. We did notice there was less marine life, e.g. turtles and dolphin this time. Coincidence?

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Came up from Sarasota Bay to Boca Ciega Bay 10 days ago, and there were issues south, but not in the St. Pete area. Delivered a boat on 12/3/18 back down to Sarasota, through Boca Ciega Bay and Pass-a-Grille and saw absolutely no problems. You should be fine, and the (much) cooler weather will help control things.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Supposed to be there on vacation in two weeks and my wife's coworker has her frightened about air quality and beach walking. Any local insights?
Thanks.
I was just in Indian Rocks Beach over Thanksgiving...... no red tide... beautiful weather...

Attachments

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I wascin Venice two weeks ago and there was no problem. People were walking the beach, swimming, sunning, hunting for shark teeth. No recently posted warnings.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 36_1980 Bass River, NJ
Just finishing up a week at Fort Myers Beach. Lots of Dolfin activity close to shore. Beautiful weather. Water clear.