Rebuilding A Raw Water Pump - How To

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
As some of you may know I have been doing some winter projects on my engine. It seems once I get going I just can't seem to stop. Last night I rebuilt my raw water pump and took photos along the way..

I posted a new "how to" article on my site on rebuilding a raw water pump for those interested in the process. I would post it here but there are three pages of photos..;)

Rebuilding A Raw Water Pump (LINK)

Some of the photos:

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Excellant work as always.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Great work, Main!
Squirt a little motor oil in the bearings before it is installed. The lube for the bearings there in the block is "splash" .. Best splash some before it starts up.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
Great work, Main!
Squirt a little motor oil in the bearings before it is installed. The lube for the bearings there in the block is "splash" .. Best splash some before it starts up.
Did it, and pre-lubed the oil seal before sliding it over the shaft too. I forgot to mention it but will add it! Thanks for the reminder there is probably a lot of detail I forgot to mention..

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
Nice job as usual MS.
I am still waiting for you comprehensive review of adhesives and caulks; where to use what, when and why.
Thanks for documenting your work as well as you do.

Jan 11, 2007
Columbia 28 Sarasota
I don't even have a diesel and was compelled to view the procedure. This is incredibly helpful, I will one day put this to good use.

Thanks for your efforts and as always, top shelf.
Ross in Tampa