Rebuild of my Catalina 30's Diesel

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
The alt bracket for the 5411 is on the "water flange", where the fresh water pump would be if there was one. Very strong attachment, doesn't have the same problems the M25's have.

shazam

Mar 18, 2013
Catalina 30 Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club
I've found a replacement Hurth HBW-50 transmission in southern California. It should be here any day.....and hopefully should just bolt to the bell housing. Meanwhile, new pistons/rings, main bearings, gaskets set, etc have arrived. Next we send the block to a machine shop where they will bore/hone the cylinders, rebuild the Injectors, & shave the head. And, I've cleaned up the engine well....ready to reinstall the engine.
Emmett

Aug 27, 2016
Catalina Catalina 30 tall rig Isleton, Ca.
I recently installed a new starter on my 2 cylinder universal...$87. On eBay. Working great, but larger diameter si I lengthened alternator adjustment arm and new, longer belt.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
I recently installed a new starter on my 2 cylinder universal...$87. On eBay. Working great, but larger diameter si I lengthened alternator adjustment arm and new, longer belt.

I think i got the same one earlier this year. Still working great. The old one would just click five or six times before it would crank. Could have had the original rebuilt for about $150, and I intended to do that and keep it for a spare, but this new one works so well I'll just get another one if I ever have to.

shazam

Mar 18, 2013
Catalina 30 Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club
Block has been sent to machine shop for hd cleaning, boring (.5mm oversized), honing, saving head, valve job and injectors & hi pressure pump checking. I should have it back in about 2 weeks. Then the fun starts with re-assemble.
I can't wait to get the boat back sailing.
shazam.....aka Emmett