Really? You expect 2021 to be better? Tell me how!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
I seriously doubt it! All I want to do is get back to our bareboat charters in the BVI. I just got an email from our handlers at the BVIYC that they are offering 11 nights for the the price of 7. Four additional nights to cover the four night quarantine required after arrival in Roadtown. It gets worse if you review the mandates. Apparently, if you tack across certain invisible borders on Sir Francis Drake channel, you’re fined $20K and sent to COVID Hell on the islands for a few weeks. All at your expense.

Enough! I’m done for now. I just really want to wish all of my sailing peeps a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR! This wish comes from a COVID free family, disgruntled skipper, and an owner that feels robbed of a full sailing season in 2020.

We did manage to get in a few awesome trips on Cayuga Lake though!

717E3852-7034-4083-B25F-52B94BC5A97B.jpeg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I had it... was’t a big deal... like a bad case of an allergy attack.. now I’m supposedly immune for at least 90 days ... I feel lucky and hope everyone else gets past this as well.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I had it... was’t a big deal... like a bad case of an allergy attack.. now I’m supposedly immune for at least 90 days ... I feel lucky and hope everyone else gets past this as well.
+1

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
One year closer to retirement! 2022 is my year to say sayonara to the cube world! :dancing:
Yes, but in many ways, it was a wasted year, as I could not do the things I planned to prepare for retirement. All the projects take longer. Material availability is randomly scarce and more costly.
But the truth of the matter is, my sailing this past summer was not stolen by covid, but rather by a large tree that crushed my boat.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I seriously doubt it! All I want to do is get back to our bareboat charters in the BVI. I just got an email from our handlers at the BVIYC that they are offering 11 nights for the the price of 7. Four additional nights to cover the four night quarantine required after arrival in Roadtown. It gets worse if you review the mandates. Apparently, if you tack across certain invisible borders on Sir Francis Drake channel, you’re fined $20K and sent to COVID Hell on the islands for a few weeks. All at your expense.

Enough! I’m done for now. I just really want to wish all of my sailing peeps a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR! This wish comes from a COVID free family, disgruntled skipper, and an owner that feels robbed of a full sailing season in 2020.

We did manage to get in a few awesome trips on Cayuga Lake though!

View attachment 188689
And what makes 2020 worse, we were *that close* to each other and never met. Happy New Year!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
And what makes 2020 worse, we were *that close* to each other and never met. Happy New Year!
Yeah, there was that too! But hey, we ain’t dead yet. Hope you’re doing well Jimmy.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
With the onset of 2121 I start working under a new contract that brings a raise. Not significant but significant given the bs we have been living in for the past year and while in negotiations.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
I retired a year ago,right after Christmas. Turns out that for once i finally made the right decision! I found that weather mostly took my 2020 season with covid helping by closing some destinations ( or making us fear going there). Hoping for 1 more season before probable transtion to the dark side, admiral revealed last summer she isnt feeling the love anymore. For sailing. Mostly . Change is in the air...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
... But the truth of the matter is, my sailing this past summer was not stolen by covid, but rather by a large tree that crushed my boat.
I don't know if you got my PM, but there is a RL 24 for sale in the classified section of LI Boating World. It's likely located in NJ based on the phone #. If you have interest PM me and I'll provide phone #.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I retired a year ago,right after Christmas. Turns out that for once i finally made the right decision! I found that weather mostly took my 2020 season with covid helping by closing some destinations ( or making us fear going there). Hoping for 1 more season before probable transtion to the dark side, admiral revealed last summer she isnt feeling the love anymore. For sailing. Mostly . Change is in the air...
Maybe she needs a bigger boat. Worth a shot anyway :biggrin:

• Ha
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I worked 5 1/2 days a week in the public, managed to stay covid free so far and sailed 42 days in 2020 !
I live 15 minutes from my boat dock. Not a bad year.
:plus:

2020 was not an entirely bad year for me either.

On the plus side
  • My wife and I could both work from home so we got to spend a lot of time together. :tongue: We got into a habit of fixing a nice lunch and spending that time together. We also bought a latte maker and started a 3:00 PM latte break habit. I liked it.
  • We also got into a regular habit of hosting zoom "family game nights" and they grew to include a few cousins. That was an unexpected joy and an addition to the family dynamic. :cool:
  • One of my kids got married. He did have to postpone the original date but the venue got creative and we were able to have a smaller F2F gathering with a robust Zoomed contingency. It was very nice.:beer:
  • I got a new job in sailing heavan. That turned out to be a mixed blessing as I cannot afford the slip fees here and day sailing an H26 is a PITA. I'm thinking of moving down to something like a compac 19.:facepalm:
  • Over T-giving our entire "bubble" actually got COVID :yikes: but we all had a relatively mild experience with it (blessing) so now we have that fear behind us. :dancing:
On the negative side
  • I have not been able to see my parents:frown:
  • My son had to postpone his wedding:wahwah:
  • I no longer h ave my boat in a slip...:facepalm::mad:
  • Our nation's democracy is imploding. :yikes::yikes:

All in all maybe 2020 was a wash ...

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
I don't know if you got my PM, but there is a RL 24 for sale in the classified section of LI Boating World. It's likely located in NJ based on the phone #. If you have interest PM me and I'll provide phone #.
I'm so sorry I did not reply back to you. Yes I did and thank you. I did not try to contact them, as the price was about twice what it should be and it was the older version. That boat should go for around 3 to 4 grand, maybe 5 with brand new sails.