Ready to Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
This is the first time in the 5 years I have owned my O'Day that it has been on a trailer! Bitter sweet I must say but transition is on the horizon.
I bought the trailer off a guy who used it once for his 22' wing keel. I had to have a welder modify/reinforce to get my 25' on there but I think it worked out. One might wonder about the jack stand under her arse!?! Well, I found that when I was lowering the mast, the boat is perfectly dead centered over the axles and the slightest movement aft. . . A lesson learned!
Once hooked up to my rig though, she hauls nice.

Attachments

Dec 9, 2006
Oday 22 Hickory, NC
Hi guy, you will want to put about 2200 to 400 pounds of weight forward in order to keep it from going all over the road going down the highway.
It there much 'stuff' you can move from aft to forward?
If nothing else some water blatters, water cans, etc.
Jack

Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
hauling

when I tow it distance I plan on stashing everything from the inside (sails, tools, parts etc. ~200lbs) in the v-berth. However, I want to keep the load on the trailer as light as possible too. I am already about 500 lbs over the limit on the trailer:eek: I tried to compensate by the extra welds and beefy tires. So far so good.

May 26, 2009
2 oday 20 Elephant Butte
extra welds wont help much. the rating on trailers is usually set for the axles. You got a very scary set up. dont get pulled over by the chips or you get a huge fine.

Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
I know E-man, I'm not totally satisfied but it was the best I could do considering time/budget. I really only plan on hauling it one way to San Diego then putting my boat back in the water. I will for sure be taking it easy though!

Apr 17, 2008
Oday 22 Riverside, CA
What are your plans for the trailer after the haul to San Diego? I'm about to start the hunt for a dual axle trailer for my O'Day 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.