reading for spring sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

len goldsmith

this will be the tenth season of of my sailing affair with my 1966 daysailor, rose. i will make the first voyage by the end of march & ther is much work to do. i keep a ships log of all voyages & yesterday i had the pleasure of starting volume #2 listing the neccisary work & supplies needed for a safe maiden voyage. this past weekend i enjoyed sanding the boom-crutch (which i had rebuilt the 1st season) and the thwarts. i have already sanded the cockpit wood trim (combings), so lots of coats of varnish are on my list of supplies $ chores. i want to patch some fiberglass on the seats before i can paint the inside of the hull & the deck white. then i can re-install the wood trim & thwarts. i still need to rebuild my rudder which was lost capsizing in a fall gust last october. fellow daysailor, mark maier of washington state, has sent me an excellent tracing of his rudder, and justin andrus of falmouth maine is sending me a cracked rudder to use as a model. this website has been a godsend & has helped me weather the long winter. i do need to replace a peculiar spring from the jib sheet cam cleat. any ideas daysailors? i wish you all well in your pre-season works of love. there are many more chores on my list of boat & trailor repairs, but they can be done during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.